Monday, March 12, 2007

Is Twitter useful?

I tell you this. I still do not get Twitter. I get blogs. I get IM. I get SMS (what you call texting in the U.S.). Where does Twitter get in?

Pete Cashmore puts it right when he says
some folk get it, others don’t. what the hey, it’s clearly not for everyone, but i dig it.

He adds,
i use twitter to put messages / feelings / thoughts out there that i wouldn’t put in a text to my friends. totally random things on my mind, at that moment. it’s clear that everyone has their own way of using though, and thats great.

New Blogging platform?
What’s more, Pete says Twitter is new blogging platform:
short, to-the-point messages that let your friends, family and the world know exactly where you are and what you’re doing, every second of the day.
Interesting, but why would I need to talk all the time I am working?
I wonder whether the neo-nomads of ‘Frisco are using Twitter.


Useful Links: (please read, come back and tell me whether Twitter is indeed useful or just plainly entertaining)

The Several Habits of Wildly Successful Twitter Users

Marshall Kirkpatricks’ Top 10 Twitter things.

Chris Brogan at Lifehack writes about 5 Ways to Use Twitter for Good

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger Chris Brogan said...

Despite the fact I'm marginally addicted to Twitter, the other reason I think it works is the immediacy factor. It's not a "when I get to it" for lots of people. It's a "reach out now" type of experience.

The twitter-to-reply speed is always amazing. Especially when you up your friend numbers.

--Chris...

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Pramit Singh said...

I guess you are right Chris. But for someone like, say me, who likes to work undisturbed, Twitter can bring distraction.
But that's me. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home