Sunday, August 19, 2007

Outgoing PC Magazine Editor gives thumbs down to Vista

Isn’t it odd that the journalists and politicians speak the truth or whatever is bogging them down, only after they are done with their jobs? Outgoing PC Magazine Editor-in-Chief Jim Louderback, has this to say about Vista in his last editorial:

"I've been a big proponent of the new OS over the past few months, even going so far as loading it onto most of my computers and spending hours tweaking and optimizing it. So why, nine months after launch, am I so frustrated? The litany of what doesn't work and what still frustrates me stretches on endlessly. The upshot is that even after nine months, Vista just ain't cutting it. I definitely gave Microsoft too much of a free pass on this operating system: I expected it to get the kinks worked out more quickly. Boy, was I fooled! If Microsoft can't get Vista working, I might just do the unthinkable: I might move to Linux."


Mr. Louderback was unhappy with Vista’s Driver handling, shared drive that system can’t find, the redesigned Network Settings, and how hard it is for the system to connect to wireless connections after waking from sleep.

Seamless experience, which was the promise given by Vista, or was it?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home