Monday, December 20, 2010

A lament for journalists

Rebecca Rose, who calls herself a 'piss poorly underpaid/underemployed reporter' writes a lament for journalists of the world (actually a comment). Barkha Dutt should read this:

Nobody ever told me that I was going to be a billionaire covering the fucking news, OK? My career counselor didn't show me pictures of Ferraris when I asked what a journalist's life was like. Dammit!
...STOP SELLING OUT THE PROFESSION!! You are the reason why people think that the media is biased! You're the reason why no one trusts the news anymore, and why they have to turn to assclowns like Andrew Breitbart and James O'Keefe. Because you guys are giving the rest of us a bad name. You are why my friends roll their eyes in skepticism every time the media tries to break an important news story. You're why people react with doubt when the press tries to actually inform the public about something that needs to change. You're why. YOU ARE WHY.

Also read: What is good journalism?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home